This course is designed to be an introduction to wreck diving and to help the student diver develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe wreck diving.
This course include the following:
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- the preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels.
- limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures.
To qualify for the Wreck Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Adventure Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.)
- Be 15 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form.