This course is designed to introduce student divers to the selection, use and care of underwater videography equipment, and the basic principles of underwater video production.
This course include the following:
- The selection, maintenance, care and handling of underwater video equipment.
- Safe diving practices while using underwater video equipment.
- Exposure, focus, and maintaining color with video equipment.
- Shot types, lengths and camera moves.
- Developing a story line and shot sequencing.
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques and problems of underwater videography.
To qualify for the Underwater Videographer course, and an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be at least 10 years old.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form.