This course is designed to be an introduction to basic underwater photography and to help the student diver develop the skills, knowledge and practical techniques necessary to enjoy this interesting activity.
This course include the following:
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of underwater-photography diving.
- photographic principles, composition, film types, flash/available light photography and camera-handling techniques.
- the preparation, care and maintenance of photographic equipment.
To qualify for the Underwater Photographer course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form.