This course is designed to be an introduction to underwater navigation and to help the student diver develop the skills and knowledge necessary for use in underwater navigation.
This course include the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of underwater navigation.
- Methods of estimating distances underwater.
- Natural navigation techniques.
- Using underwater patterns.
- Dive site relocation techniques.
- Compass navigation techniques.
To qualify for the Underwater Navigator course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release
- Assumption of Risk form.