The purpose of the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course is to polish a diver’s buoyancy control beyond the Open Water Diver level. The goal of PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy training is to enhance the student diver diver’s buoyancy control abilities through knowledge development and practical skills practice.
This course include the following:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy fundamentals:
Fine-tuning buoyancy underwater
Weight position and distribution
- Use of PADI’s “Basic Weighting Guidelines.”
- An opportunity to polish buoyancy control beyond the Open Water Diver level:
Positioning and distributing weight for comfort and desired body position (trim in the water)
Visualization techniques prior to dives
Establishing neutral buoyancy during all segments of a dive
Fine-tuning neutral buoyancy underwater
To qualify for the Peak Performance Buoyancy course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older