This course is designed to be an introduction to night diving and to help the student diver develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to safely participate in night-diving activities.
This course include the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of night diving.
- Proper procedures for buoyancy control, navigation and communication.
- Use of dive lights and buddy-system techniques.
- Disorientation and emergency procedures.
- Orientation to nocturnal aquatic life.
To qualify for the Night Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 12 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form.