This course is designed to be an introduction to ice diving and to help the student diver develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary for ice diving.
This course include the following:
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of ice diving.
- site selection, preparation and hole-cutting procedures.
- special equipment, safety lines, signals, communications, line tending and line-securing techniques.
- effects of cold, emergency procedures and safety-diver procedure.
To qualify for the Ice Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signingthe form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form