This course is designed to qualify recreational divers to use enriched air (“nitrox”) for no stop recreational diving. The program addresses the use of enriched air with 22 percent to 40 percent oxygen, with emphasis on enriched air with 32 and 36 percent oxygen.
This course include the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of Enriched Air diving.
- Special equipment.
To qualify for the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver* or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 15 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release.
- Assumption of Risk form.