This course is designed to be an introduction to dry suit diving and to help the student diver develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary for dry suit diving.
This course include the following:
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of dry suit diving.
- proper procedures for buoyancy control.
- ascent and descent technique training.
- routine, user-level, preventative maintenance and performance checks on dry suits.
To qualify for the Dry Suit Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release
- Assumption of Risk form.