This course is designed to be an introduction to deep diving and to help the student diver develop the necessary skills, knowledge and techniques to safely participate in deep diving activities.
This course include the following:
- planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of deep diving.
- risk factors and decompression-tables review.
- safety stops and emergency decompression procedures.
- special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy-control considerations.
- procedures for flying after diving and high-altitude diving.
- orientation to recompression chambers.
To qualify for the Deep Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Adventure Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.)
- Be 15 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release
- Assumption of Risk form.