This course is designed to be an introduction to boat diving and to help the student diver develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary for boat diving.
This course include the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of boat diving.
- Proper boat diving etiquette — storage of personal equipment, personal conduct and considerations for care of the boat.
- Basic, common boat terminology.
- Specific boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- Local boat diving laws and/or ordinances.
- Overview of emergency/safety equipment needed on-board private diving vessels.
To qualify for the Boat Diver course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
- Submit, to the instructor, medical clearance for diving signed by a physician, attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.
- Sign the Certified Diver Experience Programs Liability Release
- Assumption of Risk form.